Monday, August 31, 2009

Everything I needed to know (to work the streets) I learned while cleaning Connor's room

I had my oldest son, Connor, when most of my friends were still livin it up at 23...18 years have passed and I sometimes feel a little young to have a freshman at Notre Dame...still, I would not change a thing...This is my baby boy...love him like I cannot explain...I could go on and on about what a sweet kid he is. Really, he is...the best kid...I hear you...through a naive mother's eyes, right? Never in trouble with the law...I am not a grandmother (as far as I know)...compassionate beyond belief...smarter than his own good...and this kid spouts ethics like they are about to go out of style and he has a truck full to unload before dawn. Cooler than cool philanthropist...he is the BEST!

He finally packed...and left for college...by the seat of his pants and with a little help...but he did it...Go Irish! ALL that was asked of him before he left...please have your room cleaned up (for the cleaners, mind you) and get rid of anything you don't want me (mom) to find...

Cut to one week after he leaves for college and I go to clean his room. Um, Hello? were you not asked 100 times to make sure there was nothing here you didn't want me to find...???? Oh?! that's right...you tuned that out...hmmm...well, I just spent the entire day (because that is how long it took me to get through it all...9-4) cleaning up the chaos, the trash...candy from at least 2 holidays involving a man with a beard and a dozen or so SoBe bottles (um are these special?)...and let me tell you, I got schooled in what an 18 year old boy likes to look at, talk to, imagine and draw...in the 21st century...I am freaking out...I want to share...I need to share...but...sadly, I cannot...I can't even look myself in the mirror, much less ask him to... dammit boys...clean your rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment