Thursday, July 23, 2009

Frivolity

Oklahoma
Zooooom! There went Oklahoma...not much to say about that…we experienced the great state of Oklahoma for all of 36 miles! Got a pic at the state welcome sign…good times! Finn, Teage and I did realize is that we only know this much of the famous song….OOOOOOOOK-lahoma where the winds……dat daa da daa dat da… Mr Rodgers and Mr. Hammerstein would have been terribly disappointed!


Sweet Sweet Texas
Pullin’ across the Armstrong County line, balmy and 98…Lyle Lovett on the ipod (Cute as a Bug)…a fresh roadside stand peach in hand…heaven…and it hits me…I am inspired and with the notion that I may have found my hook… you know that feeling when you mind spins…you are so excited about something you find yourself smiling ear to ear…giggling…can’t quit fidgeting? I can’t even write about it without getting all befuddled …well, it was that kind of inspiration! more on this as it develops...

It’s Naught Pruh-nounst Like Tha-ee-ut
I was amused as we pulled into Dumas, Texas (pronounced doo-muss, mind you) for the night to pass a drive-thru liquor store/pawn shop. This was funny to me…but what reeeealy made me chuckle was the ‘XXX Movies and Sundries’ store situated right next door. There are SO many scenarios I imagine with these variables that make me smirk, question and shake my head, I think it best to just leave it out there to ripen…

Ahhh! Freedom of Speech in Texas (on billboards, anyway)
my favorites were:
Satan Sucks: my thoughts…You don’t say?
Jesus Christ is Lord, not a swear word: My thoughts…Geeezus, really? WTF, I am going to say now?

No comments:

Post a Comment